Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Para, Brazil no longer displays on the Bing Map

About 2 weeks ago, Para, Brazilstopped being identified and drawn on the map. I've using the Place data type, as my data switches between regions, states and countries. It worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago, then it stopped displaying (I've made no changes to my data).

I'm currently using the string 'Para, Brazil'. But previously, only 'Para' worked. I've tried state code / country code, among other things. Nothing works anymore

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

if you use 'Para, Brazil' this format in Location, please make sure the data category is 'Place' and this works perfectly.

3.JPG

Regards,

Lin

adavies

@v-lili6-msft I am actually already using 'Place' as the data category. No luck

adavies_0-1625410559738.png

What could be the difference is that I am plotting a global map, which might be confusing the AI.

adavies_2-1625410716085.png

It used to work, then one day it just stopped displaying. The data remained the same.

pomps2021
Regular Visitor

Same problem here, did you find any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's a strange problem. Anyhow, I have found the solution. The variable states of Brazil categorize as state or province, Latitude categorize as Latitude same for longitude. Then filled map should work. Let me know still if you find any issue.

venkateshkalyan_0-1626782152414.png

pomps2021
Regular Visitor

@adavies, the @Anonymous solution worked for me.

@Anonymous thank you so much, you saved me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pomps2021 You are welcome. Happy to find the solutions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem persists for both Map and Filled Map. How can't we use the map just because a brazilian state (Pará) could not be found?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not working, did anyone found a solution?