Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paginated reports parameters pane not showing in service

Published a paginated report to an app workspace and updated the app. Users can see the report listed in the app, but when opened the parameters pane is not displayed therefore they cannot run the report.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ebianco,

Please run the same paginated report in Power BI report builder, check if the parameter displays. 

If the parameter is available in Power BI report builder, when you run the same report in Power BI service, please click on Parameters button. 

w5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

ebianco
Helper II

@v-qiuyu-msft  Thanks for your reply.

That section of the page is greyed out for my end-users, they are not able to click that button.

I can see the paramters both in report builder and the service (being the author / publisher), but other users can't see it.

My users have Free license and the report is published to app workspace with Premium capacity. Can this be a licensing issue?

I tried with another admin that has a Pro license and he can see the paramenters in the service as well.

Thanks

Esteban

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ebianco , 

Based on my test, if the app work space has Premium P1 SKU, when we share the report via Share button or published app, the free user can still see the Parameter section when opening the report. 

q2.PNG

In your scenario, which SKU is assigned to the workspace. Please ensure it meets the requirement: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-faq#what-size-premium-capacity-do-i-need...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ebianco
Helper II

@v-qiuyu-msft  Thanks for the follow up.

We have a P1 capacity SKU, and the workspace is asigned to it:

2019-09-20_09-13-56.png

When I open the report within the app (I'm the app admin), I see the parameters without issues and the report runs correctly:

2019-09-20_09-19-20.png

But when one of my end users accesses the report, they see this .. a blank screen without parameters pane:

Picture1.png

Thanks for your support ... really appreciate your help to get to the bottom of this issue.

Esteban

ebianco
Helper II

@v-qiuyu-msft Qiuyun Yu, do you any other suggestions for me here? Would it be possible for MS Support to look into my tenant, do a trace or check configuration, whatever to figure out why the parameters pane is not showing?

I'm up against a deadline and need to figure out what's going on.

Thanks for your support

Esteban

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ebianco

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ebianco
Helper II

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft , we have created a ticket and are working with engineering team.

Esteban

ebianco
Helper II

We got this issue resolved, it was not working due to Chrome having 3rd party cookies disabled.

By whitelisting the follwing 4 sites it solved the issue and the parameters pane shows correctly now:

[*.]microsoft.com

[*.]microsoftonline.com

[*.]powerbi.com

[*.]windows.net

Thanks

Esteban

@v-qiuyu-msft