Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paginated report visual, navigation between pages breaks after changing slicers

Hi,

I have a paginated report with multiple pages. When the report initially runs, user can navigate between pages and everything works fine. 

But if a user changes slicers after navigating between pages, the report renders correctly BUT if a user then starts to navigate between pages, user gets this error.

Appreciate your help to fix this!

henripe_0-1642598879173.png

Best regards,

Henri

Hi @henripe 

May I kwon whether this issue happens in Power BI Service or Power BI report builder? What’s the data source of your report? Did you make any setting between these pages? Could you please make it more clear with some screenshots? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @henripe 

May I kwon whether this issue happens in Power BI Service or Power BI report builder? What’s the data source of your report? Did you make any setting between these pages? Could you please make it more clear with some screenshots? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

henripe
Regular Visitor

Hi,

For clarification, I'm using the new "Paginated report"  - visual. This error happens both in Power BI Desktop as well as in Power BI Service.

Data source is Azure Analysis Service.

For you to redo the issue, create paginated report where you add page break for one row group. Publish it to service and connect to it with Power BI Desktop.

Report renders initially just fine and you are able to navigate between pages inside the visual. But whenever you change one slicer and then start to navigate again between pages, you will receive the error above.

Best regards,

Henri

dmartensen

Hello,

I am having a similar issue.  We've created navigation bookmarks and while in power bi desktop, the data loads fine upon the first time but toggling back and forth, the end user receives the unexpected error as noted above.  This happens in both BI desktop and online.

Be interested to know what you find out.

Kind Regards,

David 

henripe
Regular Visitor

Hello,

This issue is not about bookmarks. 

@dmartensen  Bookmarks are not supported for paginated report visual.

Br. Henri

Drishti_Bhalla

I am also facing the same issue when navigating between pages in Paginated Report Visual. Interesting to know if we have a resolution yet.

henripe
Regular Visitor

Hi,

There has been no action from MS on this issue.

Br,

Henri