Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paginated Report incorrectly shows Permission required error when access from Dashboard tile

I added a tile to my dashboard, chose the Action option "Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace " and selected my Power BI Paginated Report (not the same as Power BI Report).

When I try to click on the tile, I get the following error.

Permission required

You cannot see the content of this report because you do not have permissions to the underlying dataset. Please contact the dataset owner to request access.

It's not relevant because my paginated report doesn't have a dataset (in terms of the Power BI service).

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dotcs_farrellv

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 149496582. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dotcs_farrellv

PG team have created a bug to track this issue. Workaround is updating URL with RDLReport (Manually replace “reports” as “rdlreports” in the URL). Another workaround is to set as external link or use embed option (from rdl report-> file-> embed) and add a tile as web content. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu