Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Page level filter + interaction filter issue

First I'll try my best to explain the issue, I made a simplified version of the report I have problem with.

I have 2 visuals on my riport, a table and a pie chart, both using the same and only table.

Currently there are no filters on the page. If I select the first row of the table, on the pie chart I see the corresponding data to that row, just as expected, so far so good.

But if I filter out one of the codes (but not the BI), the pie chart shows nothing:

This already doesn't make sense to me, I'm filtering out records with the "FESZDWPOSTINSTALL" code and selecting the "BI" from the table. But let's not stop here. Currently the "interaction" from the table to the pie chart is set to "filter", not "highlight". If I change it back, it works:

Even better: if I remove the last column from the table, change the interaction to "filter", it still works:

I have no idea what's going on :(. Can you help me out? Unfortunately I'm using SSAS as a source so I can't really provide the source data for the report.

Thanks for the answer/help in advance.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Arklur,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please update your Power BI desktop to the same version 2.65.5313.621 64-bit (December 2018) as ours then test it again? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Arklur
Resolver II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Sorry for not responding for a long time, it was a busy week. I'm actually using the Report Server version of the desktop (and the Report Server itself - I mean, the issue is not just happening in the desktop, but after I publish it to the RS and check the report there). I'm using the latest version of these products.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Arklur,

I have tested in Power BI desktop optimized for report server 2.61.5192.641 64-bit (August 2018) and report server version 15.0.2.557, still not able to reproduce the issue. Please check if my steps is correct. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Arklur
Resolver II

The steps are indeed correct. If I'll have time, I'll try to make an imported version of my report (currently it's using SSAS Live Connection), and first see whether it works or not, if it doesn't, I'll send the file to you.

Thanks for replying.

(As for my other "bug report", I also tend to send the file to you, but first I have to mask the data, which will only happen likely next year...Happy Holidays in advance :))

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Arklur,

You can upload the file to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Hope you will have good holidays too. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu