Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Page Level Filter in Power BI Desktop does not show hidden filter

Hi,

As shown in pictures attached, I have found that a field in the "Page Level Filter" that is showing "(All)" is actually filtering the report.

My data was not showing up on the Matrix report until I removed the field showing "(All)" from the Page Level filter area, when in theory this field had no filter applied.

Before filter removed

After filter removed

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share the pbix file please? You can delete the non-relevant parts and the confidential parts first. It's hard to reproduce.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, please find pbix file link below. tks

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please be aware that your file is available publicly. Please keep your private data safe. I will reply later.

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

How can I share with you a file with you without making it public?

Best regards,

David

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I have downloaded the file. You can send the link through Message next time. I have consulted the Product Team. I will update here later.

Best Regards,

Dale

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you get rid of this issue? To be honest, it's hard to reproduce. If you remove the Page level filter and the issue is gone, will it happen again?

Best Regards,

Dale

Jinelle

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Something similar happened to me as well. It does not happen every time but I have noticed it happening with drillthrough pages. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Looking for a fix since it is quite annoying to redo the filters on the report.

Thank you!

Jinelle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It´s happened to me again with a "Visual Level Filter". This has happens to me when using  BOOKMARKS.

Let´s say the field has a "show items when the value: contains" filter applied, but it does show "(ALL)" besides the field name, as if no filter was applied. This makes really hard to find what field is filtering the report.