Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Page Background Image Shifting on Mobile

I have an issue while using the mobile Power BI app with Page Background images. When viewing a report with background images on the mobile app, everything is shifted around and misaligned. I have experienced this issue using all three of the image fit types (Normal, Fit, and Fill) and I've also tried background images with different resolutions as well.

For some background info, my users are almost exclusively mobile users. Trying to design the report using the Phone Layout option will not work due to the limited options available (no bookmarks or button functionality). My users will also need to be able to view this report in landscape which isn't possible in the Phone Layout editor.

I have experienced this shifting image issue on both Apple and Android products though most of my users are using Apple products. Does anyone know how to get Page Background images to line up the same way on the Power BI Service and Power BI mobile app?

What the main report page looks like on the Power BI service:

Background_image_error.png

For reference, all design elements - like the drop-shadow rectangles - are from the background image.

What this same page looks like on the mobile app:

Background_image_error-ipad.png

As you can see, all the visuals are misaligned with the background image. What's even more puzzling is that the shifting is different almost every time I open the report. On rare occassions it's perfectly aligned so I have no idea what's causing it to change each time.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @CRamirez,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please update your Power BI mobile app to the latest version then test it again. 

If issue persists, please use some dummy data to create a sample report, upload pbix file to your Onedrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

CRamirez
Advocate II

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

I have the most up-to-date mobile app version and the issue is still occurring.

I sent you the dummy report as requested and I'm seeing the same issue on that report as well.

Thank you,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @CRamirez,

Thank you for your file. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 98199966. Will update here once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @CRamirez,

The fix will take ~4 weeks to reach all customers. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

CRamirez
Advocate II

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thank you so much for your help on this! I was going crazy trying to figure out what was happening

Thnaks again!

Trebor
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Any updates on this? I have a number of users still experiencing this issue. All visuals are not lining up with the background image of the report causing it to look very messy on mobile. Generally visuals are shifted to the left relative to the background. 

Thanks,

Rob

evenvi

Hi,

This is still an issue for us. What's the timeline for a fix?

Regards,

E

keithtran12
Regular Visitor

Hi, are there any plans to address the misalignment of visuals on reports that uses background images when viewed on mobile devices?

Best regards,

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@CRamirez ,

This issue has been fixed currently.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao