Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

POWER BI REFRESH FAILURE (August 2022)

Hello,

Since the August 2022 actualization, Power BI does not refresh datas when I click on refresh icon. Nevertheless, I can refresh every table, one by one, selecting them on "FIELDS".

Thank you for your time and attention.

Manuel From Almería-Spain

Hi all,

This issue has been submitted internally. The product team will be investigating this issue and once any updates are available, I will sync the information for you here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
bsd1
Regular Visitor

I'm also having this issue, as are others at my place of work. Our PowerBI model connects to a few different sources (excel files, SQL database) and a refresh on the individual tables works. When refreshing everything at once the process starts but then eventually errors out. No error remains on screen, the refresh window disappears, but I can see errors appearing for the tables for a brief second. I recorded the refresh and can see the error "Loading blocked by failures with other queries" flash up for all table loads - there isn't a specific error on any of the tables. No errors are recorded.

A colleague with a version of PowerBI that is using the February 2022 update can refresh the model fine. Those of us using the August 2022 version cannot. This has only been happening for a few days.

marcl1
Helper II

same issue for me

osni
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue. When tables are updated independently the refresh is fine, but when all are refreshed simultaniously using the refresh button, message "Loading blocked by failures with other queries" appears for a brief second. 

bsd1
Regular Visitor

This morning my refreshes have been working normally. I looked at the PowerBI version and I have a new update.

Version: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022) - Global refreshes were failing, individual tables refreshed OK.

Version: 2.108.825.0 64-bit (August 2022) - Global refresh works OK.

So this issue may have been fixed in the newest update.

Looks like I was wrong. Global refreshes are still failing with both versions of the August update.

marcl1
Helper II

yep, Microsoft said they will deploy a patch in the 4th week and here it is 🙂

Version: 2.108.825.0 64-bit

it works fine for me now too

fbouckaert
Frequent Visitor

We connect to Azure Analysis Services and encounter the same problem.

with latest install Version: 2.108.825.0 64-bit.
when rolling back to July version it works fine.

SGyatso

We have been experiencing refresh failures using the "scheduled refresh" as well as using MS flows to refresh the dataflows.
However, when we head to app.powerbi.com and refresh each dataflow independently, it works fine.

I hope Microsoft looks into this soon.

marcl1
Helper II

have opened a ticker in the pro version, emonstrated in front of an engineer, they have taken teh traces and the pbix : confident that by next release they'll get a patch : at least this is my hope !

bjorn99_
Frequent Visitor

I have a strange problem aswell with the Power BI service. Refreshing the datalows of an API manually, scheduled or through Power Automate works. But when I try to edit a dataflow in the PBI service it gives an error with invalid credentials. Everything goes through the same Gateway connection as all the refreshes... We currently can't edit dataflows of this specific API request. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

This issue has been submitted internally. The product team will be investigating this issue and once any updates are available, I will sync the information for you here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn