Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

**POSSIBLE BUG** Custom button icons are fuzzy...but only when used as icons

I love that Microsoft has given us the option to use our own icons for buttons in our reports (can't wait to get an icon gallery like with PowerPoint), but I've noticed that icons are fuzzy when they are used in the Icon property but clear as a bell when used as a Fill with the same settings. 😭 Talk about irony.

In the image below, a button with a file as an Icon is on the left and is blurry while another button with the same file as a Fill is on the right and is clear:

arpost_0-1642454759871.png

The difference is obvious and is incredibly frustrating as it renders the Custom icon feature essentially useless when building client-facing UIs in PBI. Would love to see a fix for this.

For reference, here are the settings side-by-side:

arpost_2-1642454904252.png

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1642474367987.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1642474367987.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

arpost
Advocate V

@v-robertq-msft, thanks for the reply. I don't believe this is an idea as I'm not asking for a functionality change; I'm reporting an issue with a feature that doesn't appear to be working as expected. At least, I'm assuming that Microsoft didn't intend for icon files to be blurry when used in reports.

MichaelDoig
Advocate I

I have to agree. 

When I add an image independently, it is sharp, no matter what size I size it. You can see it on the first line below. 

MichaelDoig_0-1660639695352.png

The second line is using the icon styling of the button. Blurry.