Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PDF Export with huge white margins

It seems that since the December update the "Export to PDF" is buggy and the actual report area is surrounded by white margins on all sides.

page size (for all pages): 16:9

Fit to size activated for all pages

filter pane minimized

Usual Export routine to DIN A4 sized pages

Has anyone experienced this or knows of a fix?

Update:

Currently it has been confirmed a known issue and will be fixed in the upcoming February release of Power BI Desktop.

You can try to turn off the preview feature "Power BI Infrastructure Update" in the options dialog to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there!

We have the exact same issue described by IanL above in PBI Desktop. This is an in-use, client facing report, which currently cannot be used due to the issue. Which is a major problem.

We tried exporting the pdf from PBI service. There the margins were ok (narrow, consistent as in November) but the results were even worse overall; e.g. unexpected line breaks in text containers, scroll bars appearing in visuals, reverting to a standard font despite the font being installed properly.

Is there perhaps a way to downgrade to the November desktop version until this is fixed?

Thank you and best regards,
Chris

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Update:

Currently it has been confirmed a known issue and will be fixed in the upcoming February release of Power BI Desktop.

You can try to turn off the preview feature "Power BI Infrastructure Update" in the options dialog to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

craigsmwhite
Frequent Visitor

Has this been fixed now as expected in the Feb update? I'm still having the issue.

datanerd21
Regular Visitor

@craigsmwhite the issue disappeared for me but I can't remember if it was the Feb or Mar version. I'm currently running the March one and the issue is gone.

craigsmwhite
Frequent Visitor

I've got the March version but still have the issue so hopefully there's some setting I've just overlooked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using april 2022 version  (v 2.104.941.0) and I'm still facing the problem.

Is there any options I should change?

Momme
Advocate I

Hi, well my problem is solved, so your issue must be something different.

I can only recommend to check for these things:

page size (for all pages): 16:9

Fit to size activated for all pages

filter pane minimized

courtlake

Hi, Has anyone figured out a solution? I am using the latest version, and when exporting to PDF there is still marging/padding at the top of my PDF Page. Thanks, 

HazzyDevil

Can someone please tell me why this issue from a few years back still hasn't been resolved. The lack of consistency in the export to PDF is horrible.

If I export through PowerBI desktop, the white margins are added all around the report. If I do it through PowerBI in my web browser instead, it adds smaller margins on the top and bottom edges of the report only. Which is better, but WHY can't we just have an option to not have them added.

Its astonishing that Canva can make perfect reports with no margin issues, but Microsoft still can't get this sorted.

@v-yingjl  can you please provide a status update and/or tell me why this option to this day doesn't exist?