Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PDF Export not rendering certified Visuals in PBI Service ONLY

All certified custom visuals are rendering blank in PDF export today - usually works fine!

Also, same export when using Power BI Desktop is absolutely fine and as it should be...

Service:                                    Desktop:

Desktop-Render.PNGService-Render.PNG

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same thing. All certified visuals are not rendering when exported to powerpoint or pdf from web services. There are also some native visuals, such as the KPI visual, that appear different in Desktop than web services

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

May I know the exact custom visuals name in your report? 

I tested with Sankey Chart and Radar Chart, both of them show the same result in exported PDF and PowerPoint as in service. Please test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

r2.PNGr1.PNG

@Anonymous  I guess you are talking about the KPI goal font issue, right? You can refer to this same thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/KPI-goal-font-size-is-suddenly-bigger-than-usual/idi-p/856017

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

cj1905
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

When you have tested this you have used custom visuals published and created by Microsoft Corporation, not third-party organisations.

I am using visuals by MAQ Software, Klaus Birringer et al.

I suggest you try it with a custom visual that has not been produced by Microsoft please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I used Okviz visuals in my report. Specifically, the bullet chart and the card with states visuals by OKVIZ. I am also using a live connection to a cube in analysis services. As stated by @cj1905 , please try using custom visuals not produced by Microsoft.  

Regarding the KPI I am referring to the goal font issue. But my issue is not the size, it is the color. In the power bi desktop, the goal font is white. In power bi services the goal font is grey. Please see below for examples. 

DesktopDesktopServiceService

cj1905
Advocate II

@jgrace-msft 

@v-qiuyu-msft 

@v-yuta-msft 

@ anyone from Microsoft is this being investigated as I need to feed back to my director as to when this will be resolved.

Just spent two weeks perfecting this report for pdf export for this issue to appear the day it was due to go live in production!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

You can keep an eye on the same issue listed in Support site: 

q1.PNG

@Anonymous Regarding the KPI issue, please post a new thread with details. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

E__
Helper III
Helper III

@v-qiuyu-msft 

@cj1905 

Was this issue solved for you? I am now experiencing the same issue, using an OKVIZ bullet chart. When exporting through PBI Desktop, there is no issue, but when exporting through the service, I get the error message saying the visual doesn't support PDF export, while it is a certified visual.

Best,

Eva

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked after a patch for the fix was issued late decemeber. I am currently not having any issues with it. @E__ 

E__
Helper III
Helper III

@Anonymous @v-qiuyu-msft 

Is it possible that the patch isn't deployed to all regions at the same time? We're still having the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@E__ I am not sure.  I will deferr to a microsoft representative for that answer.