Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIX Enhanced Metadata Upgrade Breaks the PBI Lineage Mapping of PBI Dataflows in Workspaces

Hi,

In March, I have upgraded a PBIX report to use the PBIX Enhanced Metadata, and uploaded into a Workspace.  This PBI report loads data from SharePoint Online, as well as PBI Dataflows.  Unfortunately, the upgrade broke the PBI Service Lineage mapping of PBI Dataflows in Workspaces - leaving only the SharePoint Lineage still visible.  So now the Lineage view actually mislead users into thinking the PBI Report only loads data from SharePoint. 

Please advise.

Thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Boon_COSOL

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 184911866. Will keep you update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

MaximShklar
Power BI Team

Hi @Boon_COSOL

Thank you for using Lineage View. We hope you have as much fun using it as we do building it.

As enhanced dataset metadata is currently in preview it is still missing support for visualizing dataset -> dataflow connections in Lineage View.

We are currently working on adding this functionality so stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Maxim