Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIRS January 2020 wrong link for PBI Desktop download and no ProductInfo

We've just updated our customer's servers to the latest version of Power BI Report Server (January 2020).

The build version is correct (checked from the Report Server Manager) and also a bug we discovered in the previous version seems to be fixed, so far so good.

But now we discovered 2 new issues:

- The link to download Power BI Desktop from the PBIRS portal is wrong because it's still pointing to the September 2019 version of the client (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2103723). In the past our customer users were taught to use that link in the portal to download the correct version of the client and it would be much easier rather than sending all the correct one.

attach1.png

- It seems the update didn't add any new entry in the ProductInfo, in fact I can only past updates

attach2.png

Is anybody facing the same issues?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may also leave a comment on this blog.

mjbernier
Helper I

We just updated our test server to January 2020 and noticed the same problem. I found the correct link on the Microsoft Download Center: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55330

gheco76
Regular Visitor

The same happened in our case. Any hints on how to replace the wrong link with proper one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've searached for the specific line of code that creates that link and we've tried to change it directly inside the .dll file but obviously it didn't work.

The only valid option we found is to create a report where to insert the link.

Anonymous
Not applicable
gheco76
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous  thanks for sharing, it is a nice workaround. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you can update this link in the following file:

Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\Portal\Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Web.dll

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous have you already tested your solution successfully? It didn't work for us.