Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBI desktop Report view freeze

After working some time with PBI, the the report view goes Blank suddenly and whenever I try to save, it prompts the saving but does nos actually save progress I've made. 

This only started happening after I downloaded the last version of PBI Desktop. 

Can you help, please?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean the Power BI desktop version 2.66.5376.1681? Do you run 64 bit or 32 bit version? 

I tested on my side with Power BI desktop version 2.66.5376.1681 64-bit (February 2019) but don't encounter the same issue. Which data source do you get data from? Which connection mode do you use? 

Please try to restart the Power BI desktop then test it again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thank you for your reply. My current desktop version is 2.65.5313.701 32-bit (december 2018).  There is no "update available" flag on PBI so I assumed it was the last version. 

I get my data form Excels, so probably the error does not come from connections.

I have restarted it several times, even the PC, and continues to happen. 

Could it be something to do with the version?

Best regards, 

Victoria

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If it's possible. I would suggest you update your Power BI desktop to the latest versions as this version fix some issues. 

I notice you install 32 bit Power BI desktop, if the OS is 64 bit, I would suggest you install the 64 bit version Power BI desktop. 

Best REgards,
Qiuyun Yu