Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI dataflows validating for a VERY LONG TIME!!!

Hi,

I have a PBI dataflow which connects to Synpase Analytcis (DWH) and files from many SharePoint folders.

Even if I make a small change or add in a new folder, it ends with an error without any details or takes minimum of 1 hour to save the query - The screen basically says - "We are validating the output schemas of your queries to ensure they can be loaded". I changed the underlying content to have only test data so the data flow coding would be fast, still no change AT ALL.

This is frustrating and takes so much time to develop a small piece or make any minor enhancements. In this case my output schema has not changed AT ALL. What is it validating for more than hour?

Comments
jopires0

Same problem here. When saving the Dataflow, it takes a very long time to Validate Queries. Sometimes it aborts with unexpected error. Sometimes it runs for hours and never finishes saving the modification aplied.

fbouckaert
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar issue

The day before yesterday I changed a dataflow, it took a while to validate, but it got save.

Yesterday, I modified the same dataflow.

It gets stuck in validating and I can't save the dataflow.