Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Web service failing to refresh MS Access 32 bit data source

Hello,

I have PowerBI Desktop 32 bit and MS Access 32 bit, they communicate fine. However, the same PBI Report from the web service does not get refreshed, giving the error message below: 

"Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read 'AGO_Production.accdb'. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987."

I am using the Gateway in personal mode

Could you please help to sort it out

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pcampos03,

The gateway only has 64 bit without 32 bit. Based on my test, if Power BI both Power BI desktop and Access database is 32 bit, after publish to the Power BI service, we can download the 64 bit Access Database Engine( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 ), then we can refresh it successfully. 

In your scenario, please download and install 64 bit Access Database Engine then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

pcampos03

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I already have the 32 bit Access Database Engine installed in my PC, is it safe to have both 32 and 64 bit version of the Access Database Engine installed?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pcampos03,

Based on my test, it can only have 64 bit or 32 bit on the same machine at the same time. In my environment, I already installed 64 bit version, when I try to install 32 bit, below message throws out: 

q3.PNG

In your scenario, as you already installed 32 bit version, you need to uninstall 32 bit firstly then you can install 64 bit version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu