Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Service Dataset refresh not working suddenly at around 12PM GMT+8

Hi, 

My dataset refresh that connects to Azure VM SQL DB through enterprise gateway has suddenly failed in the noon. The same dataset was refreshed successfully in the morning. Following is the error message:

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the SQL source are invalid.,{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail"},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"SQL\",\"path\":\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Date.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-F-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:dfd604b0-da01-4fa7-95c1-77fd8d3126a2
Request ID:5d8771c3-3534-4f61-72d7-02c85bef3a68
Time:2020-07-21 05:55:27Z

Please help!

Regards,

Max

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

All,

I believe there's a bug in the PBI Enterprise Gateway setting. I fixed this issue by re-input my SQL database credential password. This user ID and password is set to not expired, so I have no idea how this happened. I am the only admin here and it's not only impacting one database credential, all my SQL database credential were impacted and I have to re-input their credential. Surprisingly, this only affect the SQL database source, but not others like Excel file system and SSAS credential. 

Can I recreate this after fixing? Yes. If I check the Skip Test Connection, Apply, then uncheck the Skip Test Connection again and click Apply, it will fail with the same credential login error! Clearly this is Microsoft Power BI site issue.

Please tell your engineer to fix it. I hope I would not have heart attack tomorrow morning as all my refreshed failed this morning.

Regards,

Max

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Similar issue has been reported: CRI 197540360. You may also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.