Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop to Dataflow connects wrong tenant

Hi, 

I have a problem when connecting to dataflows from power bi desktop.  I have several Power BI logins with different IDs, which works ok for Power BI datasets (I can connect to PBI service and the account I am logged into Power BI desktop is used to get the datasets from the correct Tenant).  However when I connect to Dataflows from PBI Desktop, the dataflows from the wrong tenant are shown in the Power BI Desktop. 

Please help as I am unable to transfer my connections to Power BI Dataflows. 

thanks, Dan 

Comments
danno
Resolver V

Hi, just realised that you have to create a connection to one tenatn and then change / Edit Permissions to connect to a different tenant. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @danno

It looks like the issue is resolved now, right? If it is, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DominicBrien
Frequent Visitor

This is not resolved there is a very weird work around but far from resolved.

johanjsc
Helper I

I also have this issue, and I cannot resolve it even if i change credentials. It always connects to my own tenants Dataflow even though I have logged in with my customer-credentials in PowerBI.

Please advise

CharlottePowers

I am having the same issue except it connects to the wrong tenant Dataflows (and let's me pull in data!) and hangs while trying to connect to Datasets (I cannot connect at all).  I have several Power BI Pro licenses, each for different organizations (tenants).  With the PBI Desktop open I have logged and in again to try to clear previous account info, closed Desktop and reopened, but I'm unable to list (Get) Datasets and Dataflows on the tenant I am logged into.

gquaiotti
Frequent Visitor

Hi all.

I am facing the same issue. I need to use different user accounts on Power BI Desktop but when I use the "Get Data" >> "Power BI Dataflows" option it shows the wrong dataflows list. It shows the dataflows from another account! I can only get data from one especific user dataflows.

I am using Power BI Desktop Sep 2020 version at this moment.

Tks.

mariodatamartin
Regular Visitor

You have to clear your connections in Power BI Desktop.

1. Open a blank Power BI Desktop
  2. Select File -> Options and Settings -> Data source settings
  3. Select "Global permissions" radio button
  4. Search for "dataflows"
  5. Select "Edit Permissions" or "Clear Permissions" to enter the credentials for the desired tenant.

Worked for me.

CharlottePowers

Yes this seems to be fixed with the Sep 2020 version.  I am now able to connect to Data Flows on different tenants AND it is based on my current login so security hole plugged too it seems.

lnv

Thank you mariodatamartin!

This solved my problem 🙂

stephensklam
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue, one of the account under @xxxx.partner.onmschina.cn, always unable to connect.

stephensklam_0-1620278315010.png