Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop publish not working / PBI Service .pbix upload removes backgrounds

Hi everonye,

starting today morning I seem to have an issue with publishing from the PBI Desktop. It just exists when I try to replace an existing report and when I try to publish, it just seems to keep loading. I've left it for like 20-30 minutes, tried loggin out and in in PBI Desktop, restarting my computer but nothing seems to be working.

So I figured, since I can't publish from Desktop, maybe I can upload a pbix in Service - what happens then is that it removes backgrounds - like there's no trace of it. After uploading and thus replacing a report in workspace, the backgrounds simply disappear. I can still see the references while editing the report but even after downloading a .pbix they won't appear in Desktop. 

Can you help fix that or suggest some workaround?

Comments
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion

@SharonICT I did find a workaround that suggested clearing the cache in reports before publishing.  I tried it and there was improvement.

SharonICT
Regular Visitor

@littlemojopuppy  Thanks for the suggestion. I have cleared the cache in PB Desktop, then created a new report connected to a datasource, and I am able to publish this brand new report to the service. However, I still cannot publish existing reports to PB Service.