Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop publish not working / PBI Service .pbix upload removes backgrounds

Hi everonye,

starting today morning I seem to have an issue with publishing from the PBI Desktop. It just exists when I try to replace an existing report and when I try to publish, it just seems to keep loading. I've left it for like 20-30 minutes, tried loggin out and in in PBI Desktop, restarting my computer but nothing seems to be working.

So I figured, since I can't publish from Desktop, maybe I can upload a pbix in Service - what happens then is that it removes backgrounds - like there's no trace of it. After uploading and thus replacing a report in workspace, the backgrounds simply disappear. I can still see the references while editing the report but even after downloading a .pbix they won't appear in Desktop. 

Can you help fix that or suggest some workaround?

Comments
lucas105
Advocate II

@Anonymous I have literally done absolutely nothing. I guess they fixed something, but your issue sounds way more serious IMO since I had only "republishing problem" while you sound like most of your service as well as desktop's not working... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for quick response. 

Yes mine is serious problem and imapcting my business critical reports.  Today Microsoft released new software version I have downloaded but still bug I am facing is not resolved.

Thanks,

Sandhya Subramanyam.

johnlhaase
Helper I

I had to remove some of the constant lines I added using Analytics. The Y axix on the reports with the constant lines were skewed badly. Also a few of my reports did not refresh this morning at all.

donovanefox
Regular Visitor

Mine is working again this morning too.

jvembenil
Frequent Visitor

Mine starting working; There was a posting temporarily on power bi support page.

I posted a ticket into microsoft and the tech support stated the problem was resolved.

Here is a link to the support page: 

If you are a pro user you can enter your own tickets

Message posted yesterday:

Awareness

Power BI customers attempting to publish report from the Power BI Desktop client may see the following error "An error occurred while attempting to publish: The remote server returned an error:(404) Not Found". Engineers are investigating the issue and an update will be provided soon.
yuvara
Frequent Visitor

Looks like the issue is back. It was working fine till couple of hours back. Do anyone of you guys face this issue ?

johnlhaase
Helper I

Its working for me. 10/27 1145 EDT

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes I am still facing issue with POWERBI service and POWERBI desktop both

littlemojopuppy
Community Champion

I've been having the same issue as well with all my reports.  Has been going on for the last couple months.

SharonICT
Regular Visitor

I am also not able to publish from PB Desktop to PB Service, nor can I upload the PBX file in PB Service.  I have the latest Oct 2020 version. I do not receive any error messages, it just appears to get hung up. Has anyone had any success in finding a resolution?