Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop publish not working / PBI Service .pbix upload removes backgrounds

Hi everonye,

starting today morning I seem to have an issue with publishing from the PBI Desktop. It just exists when I try to replace an existing report and when I try to publish, it just seems to keep loading. I've left it for like 20-30 minutes, tried loggin out and in in PBI Desktop, restarting my computer but nothing seems to be working.

So I figured, since I can't publish from Desktop, maybe I can upload a pbix in Service - what happens then is that it removes backgrounds - like there's no trace of it. After uploading and thus replacing a report in workspace, the backgrounds simply disappear. I can still see the references while editing the report but even after downloading a .pbix they won't appear in Desktop. 

Can you help fix that or suggest some workaround?

Comments
johnlhaase
Helper I

Hello

I am having the same issue. In addition, I updated to the new Power BI Desktop and some of my charts are altered. One bar chart has a different scale and another has different data colors. My end users are questioning the validiy of my reports due to these issues.

Thanks

nicg
Advocate II

Same problem.

ABaker1
Advocate I

Having the same issue as well. 

jgaines3
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running into the same issue.

st-mb
Frequent Visitor

Experiencing the same behaviour as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

same issueeeee

chrisu
Responsive Resident

Same here.

yuvara
Frequent Visitor

I have this issue as well. Impacting business users.

donovanefox
Regular Visitor

Same issue.