Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop UI Not Responding

Hello everyone,

I've been facing the same problem that other in the thread referenced below with the October and November (current) version of PBI Desktop. Currently my setup uses the x64 version over Window 10. It's quite annoying that no answer can be obtained in order to solve this.

The error pratically blocks the usage of internal context windows (such as file recover, save, add sources, etc...) and also crashes query editor leading to possible data loss due to force close required.

The error is intermittent and annoying, requiring to close Power BI without guarantee of results. It occurs on most popup windows in the application and also crashes the opening of Power BI Query Editor (application hangs with 30~processor usage and no response from UI).

Some small tricks works sometimes to help getting the bug to disappear, like retrying or alt+tab. But usually it is solved only for that occasion and by the next click the bug reappears.

I've also tried wiping out application cache without success.

This issue is also referenced in the thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Bug-in-PowerBi-Screen-dislocation/m-p/354864#M159782

Another example Get Data window:

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@heldermattos,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, could you please run Windows update and check if the issue is solved?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

heldermattos
Regular Visitor

Hello Lydia,

I've updated Windows 10 to last version and this fixed the boxes display glitch (UI Problem). This seems to have reduced the frequency that the process stops responding but the issue is not completely fixed.

I experience the same random freezing apparently during two specifics tasks :

Measures updating

Autosave

The app stops responding with the progress bar pop-up open as you can see in the following SS, and the processor keeps running.

PBIDesktop_2019-02-11_10-06-52.pngperfmon_2019-02-06_11-00-59.pngTaskmgr_2019-02-11_10-07-49.png