Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop - Query Editor - Mouse Click on Query grabs and holds the query

I updated my PowerBI Desktop to Version: 2.51.4885.543 64-bit (October, 2017) this morning.

Since the update I am seeing very unusual behaviour in Query Editor.

If I have more than 1 query, and I try to select one of them, it is grabbing the query and holding onto it so that it can be moved.

PowerBI_MouseClick_Bug.PNG

FYI - Hitting escape deselects the item.  However, this is just bad UX design.

This seems to go against how the mouse worked in the previous version. Or how a mouse works in any application I have ever

used.

thanks

Dave

Comments
AlexGorev
Power BI Team

Thank for reporting this Dave. Are you using Power BI Desktop from the Windows Store?

Thanks,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I downloaded it this AM.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Is there any specific reason you don't want to move the query to specific group? 

In Query Editor, select the query and move to different group has the same effect as Move to Group feature, but it's a shortcut. It's convenient for us to category queries. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to move the query at all.

The default behaviour in the application has been to pick up and move the query, instead of just selecting the query.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

When you select the query, as long as you don't move the mouse down/up, the query won't be moved down/up. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you name any other application where that is the default mouse behaviour? 

And why this wasn't listed as a "feature" in the October release for PBI Desktop?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 51918464. will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

Dave, are you installing Desktop from the Windows Strore? If so, please make sure you have the latest version where this issue was addressed.

Thanks,

Alex.