Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Owner can't open report web

Hi, 

I'm the owner on a few reports and one of them is giving me a sudden error:  'You don't have permission to view this report. Please contact the report owner.'
I mention that there has been no change in the database and that i can still access it with sql or excel.

Thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @acute,

It looks like the issue happens on Power BI service, right?

Do you access the report in a app workspace, My Workspace or Shared with me section? From the error message, it's the report permission issue rather than data source permission. Please share the screenshot about the issue if possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

acute
Frequent Visitor

The report is in 'my workspace' due to the fact that is my report (i am posting it from power bi desktop and its been working so far). Here is the printscreen: image.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @acute,

From the screenshot, the report "Info Biz Report" resides in a app workspace "Product" rather than My workspace.

Please contact Alexandra, let him check Manage Permission settings regarding report and dataset for you: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards#troubleshoot-sharing

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu