Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Oracle: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I have my Power BI connected to an oracle database and it refreshes fine in the desktop version. But when I publish it and try to schedule a refresh with my personal gateway, I get this error. Any way to fix this? 

2019-02-28_15-58-58.jpg

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous ,

Are you able to manually refresh the dataset in Power BI Service? Do you make any transformations in the ENT_CDR_PUB_VW table? And do you use Synonym for this table?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not able to manually refresh the data in Power BI Service either. I get the same error message. I do make transformations in the table before it loads. I have written an SQL script to filter out some of the data. And I do not use a synonym for the table. I didn't rename it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Odds are likely that the credentials used in your gateway don't have access to the table or view you're referencing.  You can confirm what user the gateways is credentialed as by creating a PBIX model that runs the query SELECT USER FROM DUAL.  When run on PowerBI Desktop, it will use whichever credentials are saved in your local Office instance.  After refreshing online, it will show the gateway's credentialed account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another computer with another log in running the gateway. But I logged into that dataset with my personal credintials. But the user that is logged into the computer doesn't have credinitials. Is that the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service will use whatever credentials are defined online by the gateway.  If the data model is using a personal gateway, the credentials can be defined within the dataset's settings menu. 

Personal Gateway.png

If the model is using an enterprise gateway, then the credentials are administered in the 'Manage gateways' page (accessed by the Settings gear --> 'Manage gateways')

Enterprise Gateway.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes in the data set menu, using a shared computer's personal gateway, I have inputted my personal credentials. So it should be the same credentials that I am using on the desktop version. But I'm still getting this error on the shared computer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The error message is clear that the problem lies within Oracle.  The only remaining troubleshooting advice I can give remotely is to create a testing PBIX model that queries "SELECT USER FROM DUAL" from your Oracle database and throw that column in a visual (maybe a card.)  Publish it to your Power BI Service account and attempt to refresh that model.  You will then see what account is credentialing and you should be able to work with your internal IT support to further troubleshoot from there.

anthonyloh
Helper I

Hey @Anonymous,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm running into the same issue and I know that I am using the same account to connect to my Oracle DB through Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Service. 

Logging with the same account in Oracle SQL Developer, I can access the same table I am trying to connect to with Power BI. 

Thank you,

Anthony

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for not responding sooner. I had my development team work on this with me and we found out I had incorrect creditials inputting into Power BI Service. Once I updated my creditials, everything worked fine.