Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Optimize code when single file selected using Sharepoint Folder connector

The Sharepoint Folder connector is way too slow when I have ot read a single file that is stored on Sharepoint.

I don't see why there wouldn't be an "Online Excel File" connector that would render as "Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents())".

Or at least, when using Sharepoint Folder connector and the user ends up selecting a single file, it should be rendered using the Web.Contents connector and get rid of the steps that scans the Sharepoint site for all files.

I endup using Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents()) to speedup the file reading part.  Otherwise the query is very slow if the Sharepoint site contains thousands of files.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@FireFighter1017 

You may take a look at this link and share feedback via Ideas to help improve Power BI.

FireFighter1017
Advocate II

@v-chuncz-msft  Yeah that's a workaround I have been using, but most of users o through Sharepoint folder not realizing that they should be pointing directly at the file instead.

It should be an easy thing for you to make it so when you figure out they singled a file out instead of combining sources.

FireFighter1017
Advocate II