Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Only first 1000 rows loaded to model

I have no clue what is causing this and I cannot reliably reproduce it (and unfortunately cannot share my PBI file). However, sometimes Power BI will only load the first 1000 rows of a table to the model, like a Power Query preview, but the model itself actually will only contain the first 1000 rows. Can anyone reproduce? It seems to occur when there's some sort of merge function in the query, but I'm still clueless as to what is causing this. Refreshing the data model will not fix it.

Regards

Comments
JenM
Advocate II

I downloaded and installed 2.61.5192.541 64-bit (August 2018) yesterday - still had the problem. (I had been using the July version.)

Anyone know how to acquire the June version? Is there an archive we can go to?

RuudPolly

Because I frequently ask to downgrade, our IT department always keeps the previous version in their archive.

However in this case I just add the Table.Buffer function as mentioned earlier in this thread. For me this seems to have solved my issue.

JenM
Advocate II

Found an archive here.

The June release (2.59.5135.781 64-bit (June 2018)) works for me - but this obviously isn't a long-term solution... I hope this gets fixed soon!

musicbydannyd
Advocate IV

FYI, after installing August desktop app AND August on-premises gateway, no more issues for me.

chaz2jerry
Advocate III

I have same issue with the PBI Service data refresh (using on-prem gateway).  When I do the refresh on Desktop, all the data is pulled in.  But when I refresh using the on-prem gateway via the PBI Service, only 1000 rows are pulled in for a Query (which contains merge operation as described by the MS issue note).  The on-prem gateway may be using an older version (not Aug release), so I will try upgrading the gateway to see if it works.  My Desktop is latest Aug version.

EDIT: I have upgraded both Desktop and Gateway in my gateway machine (which does the auto-refresh operation), and the problem has eventually gone away after doing a couple refreshes.

JRHans09
Resolver II

Note, I am using PBI Oct 2018 version.

I am fairly new to PBI and think I have a similar or the same issue. I am trying to apply a filter through editing the query and removing records that are imported and causing problems in the dashboard. I know that I can remove the records inside of PBI Desktop by applying a Report level filter, but I would rather remove the records altogether, if possible.

The issue seems to be related to the fact that the records resides beyond the 1000 row limit in the PBI Preview. Any ideas if the 1000 row preview is causing the problem, or any other reason why the M code does not affect the data that is imported?

Here is my code for removing the records, which still appear in the dashboard (unless I apply the Report Level Filter).

= Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered RowsVNHInvoices", 
each [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501249"
or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501253" or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501254"
or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501256" or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501257"
or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501258" or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501259"
or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501260" or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501263"
or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VNS501264" or [#"cih-invoice"] <> "VSG500541")

Thanks for the help.

LukeWalker
Advocate IV

@jr I'd have to see some data to know, but this bug was fixed in the October 2018 release.