Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Online sync between Power BI Service and Power BI Dataset is not working for RLS changes

Hi All,

In our Environemnt, we sync the PBIX from onedrive to the service. I.e instead of publishing from the desktop to the service, we save the file in onedrive and sync it to the PBI service through Get files method.

Now, the issue is - When there are changes to the dataset (Schema / new measures) and saved to the onedrive... the changes sync well after sometime.

But when we made a change to the RLS (We updated the filter in the role) and saved the file in the same way.  We are unable to see this change synced with Power BI Service.

Cany anyone help. We now have to delete the dataset and publish again from desktop....

Thanks,

Nishanth.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@NishanthV,

Do you change role name and role filter in Power BI Desktop? What changes of role do you refer to that are not synced in Power BI Service?

Please manually refresh your dataset after changing rls role, I test the scenario as yours, I put excel source and PBIX file to OneDrive, change role and role filter, changes are synced after I manually refresh the dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i got the scenario. Let me check and confirm the solution.