Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Online Work Spaces have disappeared

"I have just logged in to the web portal and aLL my workspaces seems to be gone, I can publish reports to them from the desktop app, and I can access them from a URL if I still have it, but when I log in all I have is Group Workspaces and the option to add more, but all the existing ones are no longer visible." - Shared issue initially brought up by user: darynv_za

These have also disappeared from all users that the group has shared with. Appears to be the case In Chrome, IE and Firefox

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MattM_BI,

It's a known issue. The workaround is to switch to the new navigation model using the “New navigation” preview feature setting. You can check status of this issue in this site:

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

agnaldocarmo
Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same situation, after i installed the new powerbi gateway using different user for the same company, every thing that I did has disappeared, workspaces and reports. I have the reports locally, I created the workspaces again but when I try publish result error:
Sorry, you don't have access to publish to this workspace. Please contact the owner for access

raynok
Frequent Visitor

Hi - I know for a fact I had the preview feature enabled but now its gone and so are all my workspaces. Even trying to upload from the power bi desktop app the workspaces are gone. I need help in getting them back? Dispite not even able to see any of my workspaces I cant manage my embedded codes, yet the links still work. Very weird.

Would really appreicate the assistance

wow.png

Even editing the url manually doesnt work and im concered with the following message

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/{MyGroupID}/contentlist/

wow2.png

raynok
Frequent Visitor

Hi There, my delemia has been resolved.

In short. . 

Our internal I.T engineers decided to do some spring cleaning with regards to "distribution/security groups in O365". Apparently our company's sales team have been creating huge amounts of O365 Team groups and the I.T guys thought well this is starting to look messy, lets clean("remove") the groups and see who complains.

Thats what happened to all my workspaces, they deleted my groups and they had to do an azure powershell restore on the deleted groups. Lucky for me I could remember all my workspaces but if there is someone who cant remember they'll have to restore all the deleted groups, as there no referrences in power bi . You'll have to rely on memory. Note the deleted groups can be restored within 30 days of deletion.

This is a snip off the power bi website. . . 

How are app workspaces different from group workspaces?

With this release, we have renamed all group workspaces to app workspaces. You can publish an app from any of these workspaces. The functionality remains on par with group workspaces for the most part. Over the next few months, we plan on the following enhancements to app workspaces:

• Creating app workspaces won't create corresponding entities in Office 365 like group workspaces do. So you can create any number of app workspaces without worrying about different Office 365 groups being created behind the scenes (you can still use an Office 365 group’s OneDrive for Business to store your files).

At the time of this update, creating workspaces creates 0365 groups just like 0365 Teams so go knock on your I.T department's door until power bi advises further.

My workspaces are back and I'm happy again.

Kind regards,