Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OneDrive refresh and scheduled refresh aren't enabled!

I have some datasets connected with Excel files stored in a folder under OneDrive for business.

Until now I was able to refresh (manually, not scheduled) all datasets without any problem.

As I recently updated the Excel files, I've tried to refresh my datasets in Power BI but I have troubleshooting with refreshing some of them:

When I click on these datasets, I read "OneDrive refresh and scheduled refresh aren't enabled"

In Refresh history, I get the message "We are unable to locate the file on OneDrive for Business. Please that the file exists in this location." However, the files have always been stored there.

How can I fix this issue?

thanks a lot

Claire

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Clairebb,

Which change did you made to the Excel in OneDrive? 

Regarding the error message, it seems that the Power BI can't find the OneDrive Excel. Have you deleted this Excel before? Please try to reimport the Excel on Power BI service side to see if the new dataset can't be OneDrive refresh or schedule refresh. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Clairebb

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for your comment

I didn't delete any file in OneDrive so it seems that the link between my dataset and the file under OneDrive is "broken"?! How can I repair it? 

I tried to reimport (with get data) the same excel file and I get a new dataset that I can refresh but I don't solve my problem!

Best regards,

Claire

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Clairebb,

Is there any chance any other users delete the file in OneDrive and upload again to break the connection? So Power BI can't find the file again. 

As there is no option for us to edit the path of OneDrive file in Power BI service, we have to re-import. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Clairebb

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Apparently, there is no chance because the files are shared only with one person and she doesn't use Power BI. I checked the version history of the file but nobody has updated it except me.

It seems that I have to set new datasets and re-build new dashboards! 😞

Thanks

Best regards,

Claire

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Clairebb,

I have to say re-build is required in current situation. 

To find root cause, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered