Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

On-premisses gateway sharepoint credentials issue

When I try to add a SharePoint source  in the on-premisses gateway I have only to option between anonymous and Windows credential but the option of Microsoft credential is missing.

Thus, if I use the Windows credential option DOMAIN\ADACCOUNT there I get an error of wrong credential. In the Power BI desktop there is a third option for Microsoft credential in the format fistaname.lastname@domain.ext which does the job. It seem that this option is missing from the Power BI on-premisses gateway configuration from powerbi.com

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

The reason for missing Microsoft credential is that organizational authentication is not supported in current version of on-premises data gateway. Please vote on this idea.

You can also try with on-premises data gateway (personal mode).

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song what do you mean by Delivered? This feature is not delivered yet, or am I missing something?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

This is not supported and there is a feature request in https://ideas.powerbi.com. So we just close this thread in Issues forum. It does not mean that this feature is delivered. You can vote on the existing idea and track it there.

Best Regards,
Herbert