Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

On Premises Gateway - Error when trying to connect data source to gateway

Every time I enter the credentials for my company's SQL Server, I get the error message in the below described table. I am unsure what is wrong because the username and password for the windows authentication are correct, my domain name and user name are correct, and the database source and server are the only combination that is available. I've entered both of the domain name + username combinations and formats that are available. I'm out of ideas on what the issue could be, any help is appreciated.

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details

Activity ID:99437e96-78d4-466e-95ee-eacc8624db4c
Request ID:cedc2cca-05ba-c092-75d1-e9be15470566
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-north-central-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Thu Nov 19 2020 10:39:11 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.14742.76
Client version:2011.2.03777-train
GW:Username needs to include a domain. Please use the format user@domain or domain\user and try again.
Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @ZacharyAdams 

When I add datasouce for SQL in manage gateway, I use lin@xxxonmicrosoft.com  in username of credentials.

The 400 ERROR means a bad http request. Please updata on-premise gateway to the lastest version. If you already have updated the gateway to the latest version, then you can refer to steps below for troubleshooting.

1. Check if the server is using a proxy and the proxy. Some proxies restrict traffic to only ports 80 and 443. By default, communication to Azure Service Bus will occur on ports other than 443.

2. You can force the gateway to communicate with Azure Service Bus using HTTPS instead of direct TCP. You will need to modify the Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config file. Change the value from AutoDetect to Https. This file is located, by default, at C:\Program Files\On-premises data gateway.

Regards,

Lin