Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

On Premise Gateway Refresh Error with MYSQL datasource

DataSources:

Excel, CSV, Azure SQL DB, AWS RDS MYSQL

Privacy Level Setting:

Organizational

Power BI Desktop Version:

Works fine.

Power BI Service:

get below error when i try to refresh using an On-Premise Gateway.

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: TimeSheet.
Underlying error message:[Unable to combine data] Section1/TimeSheet/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"MySql","path":"dw.qualbe.com;datawarehouse1"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:PrivacyError
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:97f085b8-1b79-823b-726c-ae11cbaafd63
Request ID:0c7a41e1-5655-7e10-b415-2ba23998ea0c
Time:2018-08-29 00:34:51Z
Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

If my dataset does not have a AWS RDS MYSQL datasource then it works fine with On Premise Gateway Refresh.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Are you able to refresh the data in Power BI Desktop? Do you merge tables of different data sources in Power BI Desktop? If so, could you please share M code of your queries in Power BI Desktop here?

By the way, do you also add the Azure SQL data source within configured gateway?

There is also a similar thread for your reference.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/gateway-refresh-error-quot-references-other-queries-please/m-p/496841#M19245

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you able to refresh the data in Power BI Desktop? Yes

Do you merge tables of different data sources in Power BI Desktop? Yes. MYSQL and Excel 

let
StartDate = Text.From(FilterStartDate),
EndDate = Text.From(FilterEndDate),
Source = MySQL.Database("dw.qualbe.com", "datawarehouse1", [ReturnSingleDatabase=true, Query="SELECT #(lf) agent_name, #(lf) count(*) as calls#(lf)FROM #(lf) inContact_View #(lf)WHERE #(lf)start_date >= date_format(STR_TO_DATE('"&StartDate&"', '%c/%d/%Y'),'%Y-%m-%d') #(lf)AND start_Date <= date_format(STR_TO_DATE('"&EndDate&"', '%c/%d/%Y'),'%Y-%m-%d') #(lf) AND agent_name <> 'N/A' #(lf) AND disp_code <> 3692 #(lf) AND disp_code <> 10080 #(lf) AND (skill_name = 'Sales') #(lf) AND contact_id #(lf) NOT IN #(lf) (#(lf) SELECT contact_id #(lf) FROM inContact_View #(lf) WHERE pocName in ('M1Dental.com','Tejas Radio'#(lf) )#(lf) ) #(lf)AND contact_id #(lf) NOT IN #(lf) (#(lf) SELECT contact_id #(lf) FROM inContact_View #(lf) WHERE #(lf) (disp_name = 'Transfer - Careington' OR disp_name = 'No Sale - Member' OR disp_name = 'Transfer - Customer Care') #(lf) AND#(lf) (#(lf) concat('',trim(REPLACE(Disp_Comments, '\t', '' )) * 1) = trim(REPLACE(Disp_Comments, '\t', '' ))#(lf) or #(lf) REPLACE(Disp_Comments, '\t', '' ) regexp '^[0-9]+$'#(lf) )#(lf) AND skill_name = 'Sales'#(lf) )#(tab)#(lf)AND contact_id #(lf) NOT IN #(lf) (#(lf) SELECT contact_id #(lf) FROM inContact_View #(lf) WHERE pocName IS NOT NULL #(lf) AND disp_name = 'N/A' #(lf) AND agent_time < 30#(lf) ) #(lf)AND contact_id #(lf) NOT IN #(lf) (#(lf) SELECT contact_id #(lf) FROM inContact_View #(lf) WHERE disp_name = 'Voicemail' #(lf) ) #(lf)GROUP BY agent_name #(lf)"]),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(Source,{{"Agent_Name", "Employee"}}),
#"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Renamed Columns",{"Employee"},SalesCallCountAdjustment,{"Employee"},"SalesCallCountAdjustment",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
#"Expanded SalesCallCountAdjustment" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "SalesCallCountAdjustment", {"CallCount", "CommissionPercentage", "CommissionAmount"}, {"SalesCallCountAdjustment.CallCount", "SalesCallCountAdjustment.CommissionPercentage", "SalesCallCountAdjustment.CommissionAmount"}),
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Expanded SalesCallCountAdjustment",null,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"SalesCallCountAdjustment.CallCount"}),
#"Replaced Value1" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replaced Value",null,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"SalesCallCountAdjustment.CommissionPercentage"}),
#"Replaced Value2" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replaced Value1",null,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"SalesCallCountAdjustment.CommissionAmount"}),
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Replaced Value2", {"Employee"}, {{"AdjustedCallCount", each List.Sum([SalesCallCountAdjustment.CallCount]), type number}, {"CallCount", each List.Max([calls]), type number}, {"AdjCommPercentage", each List.Sum([SalesCallCountAdjustment.CommissionPercentage]), type number}, {"AdjCommAmount", each List.Sum([SalesCallCountAdjustment.CommissionAmount]), type number}}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Grouped Rows",{{"AdjustedCallCount", Int64.Type}}),
FinalCallCount = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "FinalCallCount", each [CallCount] + [AdjustedCallCount]),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(FinalCallCount,{{"FinalCallCount", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type1"

By the way, do you also add the Azure SQL data source within configured gateway? Yes

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please share the Advanced Editor code of TimeSheet table?  What is the AutoRemovedColumns1 step in the query?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft

i put all my M code in this word document in One Drive. Let me know if you have trouble accessing it.

https://qualbe-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/p/schowla/ET_c6wen5R9Ks7EnK1YI5V0Bb_VGYycwmijNWBSWQmNeXg?e=ahBL...

Wierd thing is that in the TimeSheet query i do not have that step named 'AutoRemovedColumns1'. Infact i do not have a step names in my whole PowerBI file.

Thanks for all your support.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

It is strange. You are able to refresh data in Power BI Desktop, right? Are you able to use personal mode gateway to refresh the dataset in Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are able to refresh data in Power BI Desktop, right?

Yes.

Are you able to use personal mode gateway to refresh the dataset in Power BI Service?

Yes. I was able to use personal gateway, but it failed with the same error message. So did not work with personal gateway.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I would recommend you submit a ticket in Power BI support site.
Support Ticket.gif

Regards,
Lydia