Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Olap Roles security doesn't work

Hi,

we 've implemented role security  in OLAP cube. We used  "Dimension Data" - "Measures Dimension"  in order to hide measures. In case of dimensions it works fine, but with measures - it doesn't work (doesn't matter if it calculated or not). I ve found that the identical case was open in the community - "Security for SSAS live connection not working" from 10/2016 with solution - to download  fix - "SQL Server 2014 SP2 CU6  and as windows security update CVE-2017-8516". But it doesn't work by us.  We appriciate for any addvice and decision. Thank you.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @TheLotter2017,

It seems this is a known issue. The cause is in the SQL Server. The report ID is: CRI 28158195. I found the fixes here. Please try to install the cumulative updates for SQL Server. And you also can go to here for professional support.

Best Regards,

Dale

TheLotter2017
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much! My mistake was that i used wrong cumulative uppdate (not sutable for my sql server version).

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you solved your issue.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered