Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

October 2020 has 32 days

Hello Guys,

Don´t know if I going mad but I think October has only 31 days.

First I created a calendar on DAX, then created a list that shows these dates.

At last  I created a slicer selecting only october but seems that 01/11 wants to join these month too.

AdanYosh1_0-1604085917948.png

Actualy using Version: 2.86.902.0 64-bit (outubro de 2020)

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

This works well on my side,

1.JPG

Version: 2.86.902.0 64-bit (October 2020)

Could you please share your sample pbix file for us have a test, there should be something wrong in other.

You can upload it to OneDrive for business and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lin! 

@v-lili6-msft  

Thanks for repply.

Maybe a date format problem in slicer ?

Maybe a regional problem from Brazil ? 

I uploaded the file to OneDrive:

https://lactecorgbr-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/adan_yoshimoto_lactec_org_br/EdjtHBAjPshKlrDCeU... 

davidkestering

I am having the same problem, I believe that its the brazilian date format, because for the user @v-lili6-msft 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

I have tested on your sample pbix file, and set my region is Brazil, it still work well.

5.JPG

and i also create another date table by dax, it still work well

6.JPG

hi @davidkestering 

if you have any workaround about this, could you please share it for AdanYosh1.

and if you still have problem, please submit a support ticket in here to get further help.

Regards,

Lin

davidkestering

This is the version of the company I work, Version: 2.81.5831.1181 64-bit (may of 2020)

At home, on my notebook, with the latest version of october the problem does not happen, but on the company, the problem still remains today. I dont know what to do for fixing @v-lili6-msft . I believe that could be something about summer time on our local time zone, but dont know how do config this on powerbi. It seems that the first day of november starts about 1AM, and octobers last day ends at 0:59AM of first day of november, like if were 1 hour delay late, or something like that. Like an automatic summer time implementation were activate, I would like to change that.

leommoreno

There's the problem in Brazil's timezone.

to take the test just change the country and the day count is correct.

Example with the same Brazilian time but without daylight saving time:
tzutil / s "Argentina Standard Time_dstoff"

to return to Brazilian time use:
tzutil / s "E. South America Standard Time_dstoff"

Always close the file before changing zones, when reopening the count will be correct.

If the problem is really that, then to adjust it without having to change the zone of all the pcs just change the zone on the powerbi.

Just add an hour, i'll leave the prints to show you how:

There's the problem in Brazil's timezone.

to take the test just change the country and the day count is correct.

Example with the same Brazilian time but without daylight saving time:
tzutil / s "Argentina Standard Time_dstoff"

to return to Brazilian time use:
tzutil / s "E. South America Standard Time_dstoff"

Always close the file before changing zones, when reopening the count will be correct.

If the problem is really that, then to adjust it without having to change the zone of all the pcs just change the zone on the powerbi.

Just add an hour, i'll leave the prints to show you how:

pastedImage.png

pastedImage (1).png

Captura de tela 2020-11-04 151021.png

davidkestering

Thanks @leommoreno it solves my problem here!
My DAX stays like this, where I check if it is 01/11/2020 and only add 1hour to that date:

DataCorreta =
if (CALENDARIO[Date] = DATE("2020","11","01"),
(FORMAT(CALENDARIO[Date] + TIME(1,0,0),"")),
(FORMAT(CALENDARIO[Date],"")))

And on the other tables I add another date column with the same DAX to create the relationship.

It works fine!

@Anonymous  try this solution

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @davidkestering,

I tryed the another @leommoreno's solution, so I changed the local time on cmd console.

tzutil /s "Argentina Standard Time_dstoff"

Tnks to all!

guilhermears
Regular Visitor

Hi, guys.

I have the same problem here. Thanks for the explanations and proposed solutions.

The timezone workarround solution is difficult to use, due to impact on other Power BI files, Office Documents and apps that rely on date and timezone. Also, it has to be done in each PC with Power BI ...
Even new column's workarround solution doesn't works here, it would be a huge work due to lots of files to change calendar table.

So, although there are some workarround solutions, the problem in software still exists and I think it should be corrected by Microsoft Power BI.

Is there any way to change type of this issue to bug with a higher priority ?

As long as there is no effective solution by Microsoft, I'll try use older versions to see what happens and also I'll be waiting for some new ideias about how to solve this problem.

Also, I voted in both posts of this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @guilhermears 

In fact if you need to do that it´s gonna be a big effort, but we realized that the problem only happen on Power BI Desktop but in Power BI Services does not. 

The Microsoft staff is still working on this issue, they called me yesterday and promissed to call me again as soon as possible, but the only thing we can do its to vote this topic.

Regards!