Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object when updating dashboard

Hi, since power bi october version i'm not able to update power bi dashboard linked with sharepoint tracker. 

When i tried to, i have this error message : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I understand that there’s a workaround solution, which is to use the Power BI Desktop September 2021 version instead of the latest version but with that version i cannot create new dashboard due to compagny security limitation. 

Any ideas to fix the issue ? 

Regards 

Olivier 

Hi @Olivier_cap 

May I know how you update your dashboard? Have you ever tried the lastest version of Power BI Desktop? Will you get same issue with it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Olivier_cap 

May I know how you update your dashboard? Have you ever tried the lastest version of Power BI Desktop? Will you get same issue with it?

Best Regards,

Olivier_cap
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I'm updating my dashoard thanks to the update button of power BI desktop. I have tried the last version of power bi and i have this error message : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have find on the internet that a workaround solution, which is to use the Power BI Desktop September 2021 version instead of the latest version but with that version i cannot create new dashboard due to compagny security limitation. 

Regards,

Olivier

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Olivier_cap 

Thanks for your reply. I understand. You may consider opening a support ticket by following the steps in this blog , then there will be a support engineer help you on this issue. 

Best Regards,