Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Object Copy / Paste by Layer Order - Fix Request

When using the selection pane to copy / paste objects, for instance from one page to another, Power BI assumes the layer heirarchy as the order in which the objects are selected. For instance, if you select a lower order object first, then a higher order object, Power BI will paste those objects where the lower level object is below the higher level object. However, if you select the higher level object first, and then the lower level object, Power BI inverts the order when pasting such that the lower order object is now on top of the higher order object. Independent of when items are selected, it would make sense that as they are pasted they retain the same layer order.

If anything else, this is counter intuitive and took me quite a while to figure out what was actually happening.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmdiehl64

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 157143299. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmdiehl64

ETA 2020.03

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dmdiehl64