Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed since 23 Nov 2020

Hi,

I need help, I keep on getting this message almost everytime I tried to refresh  data since 23rd Nov 2020 in both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. This occurs randomly across all established reports in my workspace as sometimes it worked but the other times did not although no changes were made.
I am using '= SharePoint.Contents()' to access the sharepoint folders as my source.

Any idea what's causing this?

The message:

Power BI Error.JPG

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @WhisperM 

I have tested on my side, both SharePoint.Contents() and SharePoint.Files() work well.

you could have a look this similar post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/DataSource-Error-SharePoint-api-contextinfo/idi-p/1459650

You may also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Regards,

Lin

WhisperM
Regular Visitor

@v-lili6-msftThank you for the reply.
In the power query view, the initial SharePoint.contents() works well, but after several refresh it randomly give me that specific error.
Can you give me an idea of the nature of that error? is it because the data it loads was too much or is it more like credential issue?

Regards,

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @WhisperM 

it randomly give you that specific error.

I would suggest submit a support ticket to get further help from power bi support team.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Regards,

Lin

AKaherl
Regular Visitor

I've been experiencing a similar issue since end of November 2020 as well. Have been trying various things to try an trouble shoot, updating our gateway, rebuilding the queries linking to the Sharepoint files, but nothing has been resolved.