Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OData queries with "Enable load: On" gets greyed out

Hi there! Robot Very Happy

I have been working on a couple of data models where my thoughts were to build comprehensive "master models" and disable unused queryes based on the needs of derived reports. 

Unfourtunately i have noticed that my queries (while working fine and loading on refresh) gets greyd out and looses the tick-mark in "Enable load" in the query editor - see below.

If i try to re-enable the query, i get the warning about possible data-loss (as if i was disabling the load) and nothing more happens - the query is stuck in this state.

12-04-2019_15.05.10_175.png

My datasource for the affected queries is OData and the feed is concatenated text and text-parametres.

let
    Source = OData.Feed(ODataFeed &":"& Port & "/" & Instance & "/OData", null, [Implementation="2.0"]),
    Employee_BI_table1 = Source{[Name="Employee_BI",Signature="table"]}[Data]
in
    Employee_BI_table1

The tables have all been added to the model by "add as new query" from a simple source query

The source query has "Enable load" disabled

12-04-2019_15.11.00_176.png

let
    Source = OData.Feed(ODataFeed &":"& Port & "/" & Instance & "/OData", null, [Implementation="2.0"])
in
    Source

Now all of a sudden Power BI decided to "comply" with the bugged queries (Seeing them as disabled), resulting in all my tables being lost and my report crippled.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best regards

Comments
NielsRH
Frequent Visitor

Update: Managed to unzip the .pbix and edit the DataMashup file. I changed "LoadToReportDisabled" from Value="l1" to Value="l0" on affected queries. 

This seems to solve the immediate problem, but does not explain why the queries get disabled initially and cant be coltrolled from the query editor.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @NielsRH

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered