Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OData connection to CRM has stopped working OData: Request failed (404): The remote server returned)

At 00:31 on Friday 2nd June 2017, our (Cloud2's) scheduled refresh of CRM Data in Power BI failed, and its failed each day since. The refresh had been successfully running each day for 3 weeks prior to this and I've not changed the Data Set in this time.

The error details we're given in the Power BI Service are shown below.

Error.png

The same Data Set is also failing to refresh in Power BI Desktop. The Connection in Power BI Desktop was wokring ok when the Data Set was last updated 3 weeks ago. Below are the error details we're given in Desktop.

ErrorDesktop.png

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mark

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found the problem! - which may affect others who used the Microsoft provided Sales Content Pack or .pbix file as a baseline for their CRM Sales reporting.

The accounts table in CRM must have changed, meaning the original "Source" XML provided by Microsoft for this table is no longer valid. We see the Source XML when we Edit Queries in the Data Set and select the Account entity. I didn't trace the problem further, but I assume a column referenced in the original "Source" XML no longer exists or has been renamed.

I got around this by updating our CRM Sales Data Set in Power BI Desktop: Selecting Edit Queries; adding a a new connection to the CRM accounts table; removing all columns except those we need for our reporting right now (name & accountid - which I renamed to Account Name and Account ID); and deselecting the Enable Load option on the old now corrupt Account entity.

I also renamed the old and corrput Account entity to 'Account - old' allowing me to give the new accounts entity a name of Account.

I closed and applied the Query changes to our Data Set and then in the data modelling part of the Data Set re-established the relationships to the new Account table. This also re-stablished the Account Name Related lookup in the Opportunity table.

The above was a pain and a hassle, but at least our solution is working again! I hope this helps you as well should you be facing the same issue. If you do manage to trace the exact problem please do share.

Regards

Mark Robinson - BI Lead @Cloud2 Ltd.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

This issue has already been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 39032329
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted