Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (Bad Request)

I am seeing an issue where my dataset sometimes fails to refresh, throwing an error as follows:

Error: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (Bad Request)

I have 8 scheduled data refreshes per day on the online service. The issue occurs intermittently, failing approximately once a day, sometimes even twice a day …

The issue started occurring on April 17th 2021, which may have coincided with the password expiration of the account I use for connecting to the data sources. Thinking this was a credentials issue, I reset the account’s password and then performed the following steps:

1. Cleared Power BI Desktop file cache
  2. Republished the dataset/dashboard
  3. Re-authenticated on all query connections.

Yet the issue persists … Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

If download the pbix file and refresh in power bi desktop see if it works well.

and also have a look this document:

Troubleshooting refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Lin

fjra1331
Frequent Visitor

@v-lili6-msft - The pbix file refreshes fine. The intermittent nature of the issue makes it hard to debug ...

Any other suggestions?

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

The intermittent nature of the issue makes it hard to debug ...

Maybe it related to performance of datasource or if there are many other dataset need to be refreshed at that point in time, try to set up another datatime to refresh it.

Regards,

Lin