Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OData Page Size with Dynamics NAV brings error

The default page size settings of OData by Dynamics NAV is set to 1000 (using pages in general seems to be quite a good idea as requesting transactional business data (e.g. General Ledger Entries) might return HUGE amount of data).

With this I had the issue that I got errors when refreshing a dataflow or applying a query (see my original post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-refresh-failing-without-details) as

Error: An error was read from the payload. See the 'Error' property for more details

Why I think this should be considered as a bug? Well, ...

1. Debugging seems to be hard, as the real reason can not be accessed.
    Putting the OData Query into Power BI Desktop brings this error on applying the query, but the result is not shown.
    Before applying you don't have any error in Query Editor.
  2. Just increasing the page size of the OData service is no real solution.
    Assume a mid-size company with about 10 data of historical data to be accessed...I don't want to think about resource consumption, data size, etc. without good pagination.

Best,
Matthias

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@mafl089 

You may try a tool like fiddler and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.