Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OData Feed - Failed to update data source credentials

I create a report on Power BI Desktop with a Project Online Odata feed as data source.

I can connect and update from PBI Desktop without any problems.

However, when i publish it to Power BI, and go to Schedule Refresh, i get this error under Data Source Credentials:

1.png

When i try to edit the credentials, i set to OAuth2 and enter the correct credentials but i got the error below:

1.png

I'm pretty sute that the correct authentication method to Odata feed is OAuth2, but i tried the other methods and got the same error

I'm not able to update the credentials in any situation. I've tryied to republish the reports, create a new one from scratch but i got always the same situation.

Best Regards,

Alessandro

Comments
uhlig
Frequent Visitor

his issue exists since end of November 2016 and this exact issue never appeared there... Only similar issues

aletyska
Regular Visitor

Just to update, i still got the same error.

Is there any update on this? My client is in doubt if Power BI is really reliable.

apayze
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.  The report refreshes fine in PowerBI Desktop but when published, the published version has the above mentioned problem

Any ideas?

Andrew Payze

AlexanderK79
Advocate III

I still experience this issue. However I might have some information to help troubleshooting.

This error only occurs when I specify the language code in the OData feed.

OK: https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/projectdata

ERROR: https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/projectdata/[en-us]

Because I don't want to use our regional default settings (Dutch), I want to specify [en-us] to retrieve the English named table columns.

Please do fix this issue!

apayze
Regular Visitor

Hi Alexander

Thanks for this tip.  I did try this, however it still failed for me. 

Regards

Andrew

walterosLP
Frequent Visitor
Hi everyone, From all these past communications and others, still having the same error on OData refresh! Is there any workaround out there to get at least a daily refresh of my reports connected to OData. In my case, I did edit the Query in PowerBI Desktop and the refresh from the home Ribbon works just fine. Now after pushing to PowerBI services and schedule a refresh returns the commented error:"OData Feed - Failed to update data source credentials. Any workaround or suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks a lot! Walter
GParkfield

Hello,

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved because we are expereincing smilar issues.

Again workaround or suggestions much appreciated...

Thank you.

G

Robert14358
Resolver II

I am having this issue as well