Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[OData Basic Auth] Consistant failure to authenticate with Odata-Sources

We are uploading .pbix files to OneDrive for Business and connecting to them through PowerBI web.
The .pbix files use custom-build OData-feeds (with HTTP Basic-Auth) as data-sources. We've been succesfully utilizing these OData-Feeds for about a year now.

However, since about 2 weeks ago, all scheduled refreshes started failing due to authentication errors. Here's an example:

Last refresh failed: Wed Dec 21 2016 16:23:53 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Data source type: 
Processing error:The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid. (Source at https://<<confidential>>)
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:8bcea2d2-063d-4f37-afed-96bb38b16ff7
Request ID:c6a1d89a-1c74-5aa2-4110-b82e3242475a
Time:2016-12-21 15:23:53Z

When looking at the server-logs, I can confirm that PowerBI sends the wrong credentials in the "Authorization" HTTP-header.

I'm unable to determine the exact nature of the authentication payload, but it looks like a OneDrive authentication-flow.

Furthermore, PowerBI consistantly sends invalid credentials for a certain type of feed and always on the request after the pagination of the feed has been exhausted, therefore making it quite clear that this is a bug.

If the support for PowerBI Web gets in touch, I can provide exact steps to reproduce the Issue, including the offending sources, credentials and server logs.

Thanks alot!
Cheers

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MoorsTech,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. It should be account specific. I would suggest you create a support ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ (see bottom of page).

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered