Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anadavalos
Frequent Visitor

ODBC data sources connecting to AS400 - Sudden failures after working for a long time.

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ODBC: ERROR [42000] [IBM][System i

This is the error. I get.

Access ODBC Driver][DB2 for i5/OS]SQL0104 - Token . was not valid. Valid tokens: FOR USE SKIP WAIT WITH FETCH LIMIT ORDER UNION EXCEPT OFFSET."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Odbc"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"dsn=CAMBRO400"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.OdbcErrors","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"SQLState\", \"NativeError\", \"Message\"}, {})"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: DimItemMaster.Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.netActivity ID:4242297b-6b3f-4f20-8d4c-14c20c5ce63cRequest ID:c67429c9-0f33-4372-84e3-99908f4401c3Time:2020-07-02 12:45:45Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@anadavalos ,

Have you installed the latest ODBC driver for your data source? Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connect-using-generic-interfaces#data... 

Also make sure the credentials you input in power bi service is valid.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@anadavalos ,

Have you installed the latest ODBC driver for your data source? Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connect-using-generic-interfaces#data... 

Also make sure the credentials you input in power bi service is valid.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @anadavalos 

Go to right top corner, there you will get 3 dots, then choose "Setting -> Manage Gateway".

There, please re-enter the DB credentials.

Kind Regards

Ashwani

anadavalos
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous 

I am signed in to PBI service but with so many hidden pages. How do I sined in to Gateway. I am scheduling the refresh from scratch so I must be signed in.?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @anadavalos 

I also faced this issue. And resolved by re-enter DB UserID & DB pwd in Gateway.

Kind Regards

Ashwani

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.