Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OAuth2 SSO not working

SSO was working fine. But today, all reports using DirectQuery data sources to Azure SQL DB throw the error below when trying to configure the data source connections using OAuth2 and SSO (i.e. ticking the checkbox for "Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery.") I don't even the get popup to sign in after clicking the sign-in button.

I've tried with different datasets, new and existing datasets, against different azure sql dbs in different browsers.

I can connect fine from PBI Desktop (Version: 2.90.782.0 64-bit (February 2021)), SSMS and the Azure Portal.

If I untick the SSO box, it asks me to sign in and it works. But I need SSO.

Basic auth instead of OAuth has the same issue - it doesn't work with the SSO tickbox ticked.

Any one else getting this problem, or able to replicate it? 

Any idea on a fix, or is it an Azure fault?

Error:

The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.

Status code: 500

Service version: 13.0.15430.58
Client version: 2102.3.04950-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-uk-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

JK-BI-SQL_0-1614349418314.png

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

CRI 229391945

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft any update?

mikecrobp
Helper I

Is there a way of tracking the status of the issue CRI 229391945?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also got 400 Bad Request responses from the API and REST Gateway UpdateDatasource calls.

matze03h
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

any update here? 

I have the same problem when refreshing an existing dataflow with the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Even after clearing the browser cache. 
However, the Power Query editor works when using Internet Explorer.

Would be great if someone can give an update. 

Thanks,

Matze