Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nov 2017 deskptop update has broken the link from dashboard to report

I did some work in a pbix file after downloading the Nov update but never published the work i did to power bi.  I could never re-open this pbix file becuase it was corrupted.  I understand that there was a bug in this nov update and i should revert back to an earlier verision which i did.  Now all of the dashboards that have visuals from this report are showing blank and saying the following

'The report shown in this tile doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it'

This is a major issue as i  have many visuals on many dashbaords that link to the reports made in this pbix file!

Help help please

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @sebbyp,

I can't reproduce it.

1. Are you sure they are created by yourself, not a shared dashboard?

2. What's the data source?

3. Did you try to repin the visuals?

4. Can you check your reports if they are still there?

5. Please check the related items as below.Nov 2017 deskptop update has broken the link from dashboard to report.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

sebbyp
Helper III

@Vicky_Song

In answer to your questions

1. Are you sure they are created by yourself, not a shared dashboard?  Yes created by myself

2. What's the data source? A local excel file

3. Did you try to repin the visuals? If i re-pin then the visual is available.  THe problem is that i have to re-pin probably 30 visuals in 25 different dashboards and then re-orgniase them all.  Thats a lot of work!

4. Can you check your reports if they are still there? Yes

5. Please check the related items as below. 

sebbyp
Helper III

Capture.PNG 

This is the error i see at present and when i go so view related the report and dataset is visible

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @sebbyp,

I can't reproduce. You said you never publish the work to PBI Service in the first post. How could the Dashboard break? Did you try the version 2.52.4921.682?

If the errors are in the Service, can you please provide Fiddler trace?

IMPORTANT: mask the confidential info first and send me a private message. If your data is very sensitive, I'm afraid you have to create a support ticket here

Simple guide to use Fiddler.

1) Close other tabs of browser except Power BI Service.

2) Open Fiddler.

3) Set tracing Https.

4) Use Power BI Service, such as open report, refresh tab.

5) Save sessions.

Fiddler.png

Best Regards,

Dale

sebbyp
Helper III

I am trying to log an issue but it isn't allowing me to do so.  I still have this issue and its frustrating that it doesn;t work.