Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not receiving email notification when someone requests access for a dashboard inside a workgroup

We are publishing dashboards using our workgroup workspace. When someone uses the link to access the dashboard and he/she has no access, he/she sees the "request access" link to request access. When he/she requests access, the workgroup members (neither the admin/owner) are not receving any email notification about this access request, so we may have several pending access requests without knowing it.

I am listed as the owner of the workgroup in Office365 and also in PowerBI settings (when going to "Edit Group" directly from PowerBI, I am listed as admin), but I'm not receving any notification email. In Office365 group settings I also checked the setting to send email copies to all group members, but we are not receiving any email.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the setting change since the question was asked? I publish in the PowerBI App and cant find an Edit Group button, nor the Tick box to allow emails. Please advise here. 

MattG
Advocate II

@Anonymous Yes these instructions go back to when Power BI workspaces were created using Microsoft Groups, I don't believe they apply if you are using the new workspace expereince or creating them via Teams.