Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not all Data from Visual Exporting - Bug

I'm using a matrix visual (small - about 80 rows, 6 columns) in Power BI Desktop, and the export to csv is not exporting all data. For instance if I had:

Column X      Column Y

Row A       10                   5

Row B        3                    10

Row C        8                     4

My export to csv may only contain the values 10, 3, 10, 8, and 4 - with the value of 5 (Row A, Column Y) excluded, while the other value for Row A and other values for Column Y are included. I've saved and reopened and restarted Power BI, with no luck. I can think of no other explanation for it appearing in the visual, but not in the export other than a bug of some sort.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tristenc

Are columns putted in Rows and Columns buckets of the matrix visual comes from the same one table or not? 

There are some limitations when exporting data, please check if the report hit the limitations listed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tristenc
Frequent Visitor

The report doesn't hit the limitations in the doc - I was expecting this to be a fairly simple export, one that I've done many times before, but this bug (or whatever it is) is causing problems. 

The row labels are from one table, the column labels from a different table, and the values from a third table. All have active relationships on the relevant columns, so the data displayed in the visual is correct, but the fact that it is omitting data (without omitting entire columns or rows - only select values) in only the export, and for such a small export, is the problem.