Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Not able to show Legend if one value/measure is chosen for a visual

I am not able to show the legend if there is only one value is inserted in a visualization.

As I do not have description of the measures in my title, so I need to show the legend.

I have only chosen one valueI have only chosen one valueI have only chosen one value. Thus I can not decide to show or not show legend.I have only chosen one value. Thus I can not decide to show or not show legend.I have only chosen two values now. Thus, I am not able to show legend.I have only chosen two values now. Thus, I am not able to show legend.

This issues seems to involve all charts where it is possible to have several values.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

This is actually be design if you do not drag data into the legend field. To describe your measure, you can try to use the Title as below.

Not able to show Legend if one value measure is chosen for a visual_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Herbert,

From a visualization best practise perspective I would say this is not the correct way. I would like the axis to me alligned.

As it is also discussed in the webinar How to Design Visually Stunning Power BI Reports (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS8xmkoasQU) tou need to use "correct alignment".

Capture2.PNG

To axises on the below graphs does not start the same place, as I have legend in one of them and not in the other. I know I could write my legend information in my title, but I can not have the color shown in the title.

Please see this as an issue, because it really is a issue. 😕

Capture.PNG

CorpusChristie

Totally agree with linekrogh.  We should at least get the option having a single value showing in the legend or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Having the same trouble, did anyone find a workaround for this?

Thank you.

michael163
Helper II

This feature is utterly nonsense but I found a way around this. Just add a default second measure to the table with value e.g. 0. Then instead of its name put space when editing in the visual and change its line/column color in visual to white. Then change its value to BLANK(). So there is second measure in the graph but no one can see it...